Monday, June 29, 2009

Sawyer as Jack

In my last post before I decided to not write for several months, I went on and on about Sawyer owning the part of Jack Skellington. And her actual performance was amazing. It gave me chills. Her confidence, and how comfortable she was on stage, in front of hundreds of people, simply blew me away. She hadn't rehearsed with the microphone, but she showed no awkwardness. She simply shines onstage, and and revels in the limelight. And since I have spent most of my life shying away from the limelight, and really never having the courage to even ever seek the limelight, I admire her ability to make it look so effortless.

The video I took is not all that great - I borrowed my friend Patty's camera, and didn't turn it off after the performance. There is a good 30 seconds of black. Also, I would get so entranced watching my daughter perform, that the camera would drift. So, the video quality is poor. As Sawyer told me, my camera work was a great big FAIL.

But here it is, enjoy!


.

No comments: