Monday, June 29, 2009

Rhys Glows!

Every year, the second grade classes put on a musical production called "Glow!". Each one of my kids have been in this production, but because life is what it is, I never got to see my girls when they had their turn to be in "Glow!". (Showings of this show are always during normal school hours.) José went to see Sawyer when she was in it, and a friend videotaped Kellan's turn, but I never got a chance to experience the magic of "Glow!" for myself.

Until this year. I vowed that no matter what, I would see Rhys, my baby, in "Glow!". Even if I had to take a sick day at work, I would not miss this. I asked the music teacher the first week of school when "Glow!" was going to be, and she looked at me like I was crazy, and said, "Um, sometime in spring??"

Rhys was excited to be in "Glow!" and he took the whole experience very seriously. He worked hard on his costume, and practiced regularly. He listened to his sisters' advice, and counted down until the performance, asking me over and over if I was planning on being there. I was, I had a colleague cover for me.

Gosh, it was so cute. The kids were all so adorable and earnest, and the play had a good message (everyone is important). Of course, I cried.

Check out Rhys in "Glow!"

Hmmmm, it was so good, I will probably have to make it a point to see Abby's performance in two years...



.

No comments: